This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Convert prototypes to ISO C90
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 13:30:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: Convert prototypes to ISO C90
- References: <email@example.com>
Bruno Haible <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Ulrich Drepper wrote:
>> The reason why in many places K&R is used is to get exactly the right
>> level of warnings re missing prototypes. Leave it as is, there is no
>> reason to change it.
> Another reason is that
> - glibc/intl shouldn't diverge too much from gettext/intl, and
> - gettext/intl needs to support K&R because some packages (most notably GCC)
> have a copy of it included in their source and need to build with HP-UX cc
> and SunOS4 cc.
The latter is not true any more. GCC is C89 now.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, email@example.com
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."