This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Convert prototypes to ISO C90
- From: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:32:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: Convert prototypes to ISO C90
Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> The reason why in many places K&R is used is to get exactly the right
> level of warnings re missing prototypes. Leave it as is, there is no
> reason to change it.
Another reason is that
- glibc/intl shouldn't diverge too much from gettext/intl, and
- gettext/intl needs to support K&R because some packages (most notably GCC)
have a copy of it included in their source and need to build with HP-UX cc
and SunOS4 cc.