This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: How are CPU-optimized libraries supposed to work?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:15:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: How are CPU-optimized libraries supposed to work?
> In any case here's a patch to make i686 libraries work with an i386
> ld.so again. Results look pretty good so far.
I don't think this is entirely doable. That is, if any [HP_TIMING_AVAIL]
code gets used, it won't produce correct results. ld.so (_dl_start_final)
initializes GL(dl_cpuclock_offset), and that needs to have been done if
clock_gettime is called.