This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: danger: current GCC makes a hash out of initfini.c
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: cgd at broadcom dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:30:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: danger: current GCC makes a hash out of initfini.c
The initfini.c plan has always been fragile by its nature. If it works, it
works. If forcing -O1 for the file helps, there's no reason not to do
that. Several other platforms have given up on massaging GCC output for
this and supply sysdeps/CPU/elf/initfini.c with the asm directly. If you
have to do that for mips to cope with newer GCC, c'est la vie.