newbie - where is the socket API implementation in glibc

Hello,

I had downloaded the tar.gz of glibc;
I am interested in the learning the implementation of the socket API in glibc
(calls like socket,bind,gethostbyname,etc.).
I saw in the inet subdirectory on glibc that it seems that these calls
are eventually result in calls to methods in nss subdirectory.
BUt I am not sure.
Am I right in my assumption?
or where I can find the implementation of methods like bind(), connect(), socket(), etc.

regards
sting