configure script breakage

Hi

2 days ago I started seeing new testsuite failures when compiling the glibc
trunk. I'm using the latest gcc-3_3-branch compiler to compile it.

It looks to me like a patch went into the gcc branch a few days ago which
has broken the glibc autoconf test for "__attribute__((visibility()))".

It used to say:-

"checking whether __attribute__((visibility())) is supported... yes"

now it says "no".

config.log shows:-

conftest.c:1: warning: visibility attribute not supported in this configuration; ignored
+conftest.c:2: warning: visibility attribute not supported in this configuration; ignored

This may well be a gcc problem and I'm still looking into it. But I just
wanted to raise the alarm to possibly save some poor soul from wasting hours
of investigation like I just have.

Folks using the redhat toolchain probably won't see this until Jakub next
merges with the gcc-3_3-branch.

Greg