Re: Updated/new locales for sr_CS (Serbia and Montenegro)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Danilo Segan] > Is there any interest in this? Any chance of it getting included in > the GNU libc distribution?

At least I am interested in looking at it, and assisting you in
getting it accepted into glibc.  But I am very busy with other
projects at the moment.  I hope to get back to you within 2-3 weeks
time. :)

Thanks. I'll sure annoy you if that doesn't happen ;-)

I plan to look at the content, and also check that the new locale
compiles with the current CVS version of glibc. :)

Watch out for the caveat I already mentioned: localedef has a built-in map of country code numbers to country codes, as assigned by ISO 3166.

Yet, the numeric code for CS/SCG is the same as the one for YU/YUG, so that's the only problem localedef reports for me (perhaps this is fixed in glibc CVS, but it might not be, since this became official on July 24).

(I've also put another version at http://srpski.org/locale/ that doesn't use the <Uxxxx> escapes, if that will ease reading at least a bit: the files "read-sr_CS" and "read-sr_CS@Latn" in UTF-8 encoding).

Cheers, Danilo