This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: current glibc on i686 with kernel 2.2.5
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:34:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: current glibc on i686 with kernel 2.2.5
- References: <20030811100355.GA4816@suse.de> <20030811143005.GA27698@suse.de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:30:05PM +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> > If I compile the current glibc cvs configured and optimized for i686
> > with --enable-kernel=2.4.1, glibc compiles fine.
> > But if I change it to --enable-kernel=2.2.5, glibc does not compile
> > any longer. Any ideas what goes wrong?
> It seems the *static_tls patch from Jakub from 2003-07-30 breaks this,
> glibc cvs versions prior to this compiles/work fine.
That's strange, I've built --enable-kernel=2.2.5 linuxthreads/i686
on Aug 7th without problems.