This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: lastlog access function
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:54:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: lastlog access function
- References: <20030804224439.GA22119@lucon.org> <3F2EE473.email@example.com>
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 03:55:47PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> H. J. Lu wrote:
> > login from util-linux accesses lastlog directly. I am proposing this
> > lastlog access interface. Any comments?
> Yes: no way. The existing interfaces are already too much of a pain. I
> don't want more of this crap. These are interfaces only very specific
> applications are interested in. Create your own separate DSO if you
> want to use a common implementation. But this is nothing for libc.
In that case, does "struct lastlog" really belong to glibc?