This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Fix __WORDSIZE for ia64.
- From: Gwenole Beauchesne <gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>,Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>,GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 00:21:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix __WORDSIZE for ia64.
When I also followed the switch for MDK 9.0/AMD64, I gathered some
statistics from our main distribution (around 1300 packages). Finally,
It doesn't sounds right since utmp/wtmp on AMD64 has the same format
They has the same format since glibc CVS 2002/10/15.
only 50 out of 85 candidates actually had to be fixed or rebuilt. Hmm,
looking where I put the list for interested people.
Send me the list.
- Because of the new struct utmp layout, the following packages had
to be fixed and/or rebuilt: adjtimex, aterm, dietlibc, dump,
emacs, fileutils, findutils, finger, getty_ps, gkrellm,
gnome-libs, gpm, hylafax, kdeadmin, kdebase, kdenetwork,
kdevelop, krb5, libzvt, linuxconf, man-pages, mgetty, mingetty,
mod_auth_external, ncpfs, ntp, openssh, pam, procps, proftpd,
psacct, pwdb, rwho, rxvt, samba, screen, shadow-utils, sh-utils,
sysklogd, SysVinit, talk, tcsh, utempter, util-linux, xterm, zsh,
<http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gbeauchesne/utmp/rebuild.lst> for the
initial list. Unfortunately, I haven't annoted programs that actually
Once I get time, I will check those not yet sent upstream. Or, in the
mean time, you can check: