This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
PR libc/5013: Bad gramar in fi_FI locale
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- To: Eero Häkkinen <eehakkin at cc dot hut dot fi>
- Cc: Keld Simonsen <Keld dot Simonsen at dkuug dot dk>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:09:35 +0200
- Subject: PR libc/5013: Bad gramar in fi_FI locale
I noticed your glibc problem report libc/5013 from 2003-05-02, where
Date formats in Finnish locale are grammatically incorrect. Month
name should be in partitive or in genitive form -- not in nominative
Apply the attached patch which adds some extra letters to date
formats to produce grammatically correct partitive and genitive
forms from nominative (basic) forms.
I tried 2003-05-09 to as you the following question using the glibc
bug tracking system, but did not see any reply:
Please provide some source to make it possible for the glibc
maintainers to verify that your suggested change is correct.
Did you try to contact the original author of the Finish locale and
check if he agree to the change? It seem to be Keld Simonsen. I copy
this email to him.
I am not a glibc maintainer, but I try to assist in improving the
locales in glibc. References and standard sources seem to be required
to get locale changes past the glibc maintainers.