This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: How to get LDAP support in NSS/compat?
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 23 May 2003 22:07:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to get LDAP support in NSS/compat?
- References: <E19Aa85-0003fNemail@example.com> <3EAECAC3.firstname.lastname@example.org><20030429224123.GA30703@suse.de> <email@example.com><20030520085345.GA5778@suse.de> <20030522093410.GA24075@suse.de>
- Reply-by: Tue, 1 Jan 1801 04:37:40 +1000
> Next version of my patch. This time, passwd, shadow and group is
> implemented. This should be the final version for this services.
Very good. :)
Is it normal to use the compat module for shadow? I would expect it
to be sufficient to use it for passwd, and then let shadow be 'nis
files' or 'ldap'files'.
I guess the compat module should be moved from nis/ and into nss/ as
it no longer is nis specific?
> Only initgroups_dyn is missing, I disabled it for now.
Is initgroups_dyn() needed for anything?
Thank you. I'll try to set up a test environment to test it.