This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: User-settable FD_SETSIZE and select()
- From: mtk-lists at gmx dot net
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:19:14 +0200 (MEST)
- Subject: Re: User-settable FD_SETSIZE and select()
- References: <3EC9136D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Use poll().
This does make it harder to port applications using select() from other
implementations which allow higher limits for FD_SETSIZE. E.g., HP/UX
has a limit of 2048, and Tru64 has 4096. And while the default limit os
on Solaris, I seem to recall it can be raised.
> FD_SETSIZE will not be changed, it's not binary compatible.
I'm not sure what you are meaning here -- "not binary compatible" with what?
As I noted, manually editing the current glibc header files allows an
to use higher FD_SETSIZE values without the need for either a Linux kernel
rebuild or a glibc rebuild.
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
Bitte lächeln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!