This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: A symbol version bug
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>, Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, hjl at lucon dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 00:39:44 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: A symbol version bug
- References: <200305150325.XAA87444@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
Ugh. No wonder this is failing. The glibc cvs with the patch...
...is failing vismain.out...
`.protected' seems to be handled correctly, good!
&protinmod in main (0x10012aa4) != &protinmod in mod1 (0xffbcb34)
&protitcpt in main (0x10012a64) != &protitcpt in mod3 (0xffdf944)
&protvarinmod in main (0x100129b0) != &protitcpt in mod1 (0xffcd020)
&protvaritcpt in main (0x100129b4) != &protvaritcpt in mod3 (0xffefd70)
One thing...I built binutils 18.104.22.168.1 with the proposed bfd-base
...and since it passed make check I installed it and used it to build
the glibc cvs plus the base patch. I'll revert to my previous
binutils 22.214.171.124.1 without the base patch and rebuild glibc cvs
with the base patch to make sure glibc cvs is okay.