This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: A symbol version bug
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: hjl at lucon dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:23:41 +0930
- Subject: Re: PATCH: A symbol version bug
- References: <200305150325.XAA87444@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 11:25:38PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> cc -c -o new.o new.c
> /tmp/ccJjELyg.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccJjELyg.s:122: Internal error, aborting at ../../gas/subsegs.c line 521 in section_symbol
> Please report this bug.
> make: *** [new.o] Error 1
> Do you see this? Perhaps I need binutils cvs instead of 220.127.116.11.1
> for that patch to work?
HJ's patch shouldn't affect the assembler. Please post cc -v output
for the failing compile, and let's see the .s file too.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre