This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: A symbol version bug
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Michael Kerrisk <michael dot kerrisk at gmx dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com,GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:50:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: A symbol version bug
- References: <20030513172026.A22502@lucon.org>
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 05:20:26PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Michael found a bug between binutils and glibc. ld.so assumes the
> first symbol from the hash table is the oldest (default) version.
> Unfortunately, it is not always true. The question is if glibc
> should depend on it or ld should guarantee it.
There are one glibc bug and one binutils bug. Both should take base
version into account.