This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: compile failure of glibc-2.3.2 due to static libgcc
- From: kutek at cybercomm dot net
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:41:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: compile failure of glibc-2.3.2 due to static libgcc
- References: <20030426174040.GA1508@nevyn.them.org> <200304262341.h3QNfqA29860@magilla.sf.frob.com>
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 04:41:52PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > If you search for this error message in the list archives, you'll find
> > a discussion between myself and Roland about why this happens. Roland,
> > did anyone ever change this to build the linker script without trying
> > to do a link on some of libc's objects?
> I'd forgotten about this. I've done those changes just now. From reading
> the thread http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-04/msg00009.html is
> part of, I think this will fix your problems. Just one linker script is
> generated and used the various -shared links. It includes a hack
> specifically for libc.so, but that is harmlessly ignored for other objects.
is there a patch? or will i have to go to cvs...i'd prefer not to...or wait
for a new release? thanks