This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Art Haas <ahaas at airmail dot net>,libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 12:59:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report
- References: <20030503111135.A6261@lucon.org> <200305031930.h43JU3E25690@magilla.sf.frob.com>
On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 12:30:03PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I counted 17 times of rebuilding libc.so on Linux/x86 with today's CVS
> > during "make" and "make xcheck". I hope your linuxthreads patch will
> > reduce it to 1.
> Was this with -j or without? Can you reproduce it exactly?
> I am trying to figure out what dependency causes the bogus relink.
That was "-j 2" on a UP machine.