This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Parallel build is broken (Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report)
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Art Haas <ahaas at airmail dot net>, roland at redhat dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:32:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: Parallel build is broken (Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report)
- References: <20030503161714.GC17526@debian> <20030503101827.A5486@lucon.org>
On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:18:27AM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:17:14AM -0500, Art Haas wrote:
> > Hi.
> > A CVS pull from yesterday brought me the nice changes in dependency
> > generation when building glibc. The build and test run all worked
> > without a problem (GCC 3.3, i586-pc-linux-gnu, 2.4.20-ac1 headers), but
> > I did see that libc.so re-linked itself several times during 'make
> That kills the build on SMP machine with parallel make. I took me
> several hours to figure it out. Roland, could you please fix it?
I saw libc.so get rebuilt 17 times during "make" and "make xcheck".
Why does it do that?