This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Parallel build is broken (Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report)
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Art Haas <ahaas at airmail dot net>, roland at redhat dot com
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:18:27 -0700
- Subject: Parallel build is broken (Re: Bulding glibc with new dependency changes report)
- References: <20030503161714.GC17526@debian>
On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 11:17:14AM -0500, Art Haas wrote:
> A CVS pull from yesterday brought me the nice changes in dependency
> generation when building glibc. The build and test run all worked
> without a problem (GCC 3.3, i586-pc-linux-gnu, 2.4.20-ac1 headers), but
> I did see that libc.so re-linked itself several times during 'make
That kills the build on SMP machine with parallel make. I took me
several hours to figure it out. Roland, could you please fix it?
Also when I added/removed source files, I used to be able to
# rm -f xxx.d
# cd ..
xxx.o* would be recompiled. Now it nolonger works. After I did
# rm -f xxx.*d*
# cd ..
nothing got rebuilt.
> check'. Other than that things worked fine.