re: current cvs build failure on debian ppc sid

   In case anyone is interested, I have a bit more data on
the build problems of current glibc cvs on debian ppc sid.
It appears that the bug with the unresolved versioned symbol
for __pthread_atfork@@GLIBC_2.0 in librt.so is specific to
the use of their gcc-3.2.3pre snapshot...

gcc version 3.2.3 20030415 (Debian prerelease)

If I use the gcc 3.3pre snapshot instead to build glibc cvs
I don't see any problems. Also on YDL ppclinux using
gcc 3.2.2 we don't see any problems building glibc cvs.
Guess just another reason to move sid over to gcc 3.3 as
the default compiler as soon as gcc 3.3 is released.
                               Jack