Re: PATCH: Generic function descriptor

> You don't have to do it, I might look at it soon.  But your unification
> patch won't go in as is.  The improved function descriptor handling
> might very well require enough changes to make it impossible to share it
> with HPPA and its pathetic instruction set.

I'm not sure that it would be _impossible_ just very slow in the general
case. I definately plan on trying to follow Lu's lead in unifying the
function descriptor handling.

I'll do the work as required to get HPPA in line with future changes.

With patches coming for HPPA in the next few weeks to try and bring
everything up to date (Cleaner linuxthreads, sysdep-cancel support,
INTERNAL_SYSCALL* macro's, and the usual list of bits that break).

c.