Bug #1962, localedef unable to handle unknown language codes

[Roland McGrath]
> Post patches here to libc-alpha.  You can mention the PR number when
> you do, and you can make a note in the PR that you posted the patch
> (if you want to be especially helpful, you can find the URL of your
> message in the mailing list archive and include that in the PR).

OK.  I'll do that.  I am looking at bug #1962, "Additional language
definitions required for building locales".  I'm not sure if the bug
is still there.  I downloaded the first of the non-ISO-639 locales
from <URL:ftp://ftp.ethiopic.org/pub/locales/>, and ran this to test
it:

  LANG=C localedef -i ad_ET.UTF8 -f "UTF-8" ./tmp/ad_ET

It did not complain about unknown language code.  It did complain
about some include files missing, but ran without errors after I
fetched these.  I guess the reported bug is fixed.

The FTP site seem to contain updated locales for some of the existing
locales in glibc CVS, and a few new ones.  Should the new ones be
added to glibc?  How should locales without official ISO names be
handled?