This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC64 elf configure
- From: "Steve Munroe" <sjmunroe at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:14:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC64 elf configure
Richard Henderson writs:
> I think you misunderstand. We're not putting anything into the
> TOC at all. We're interested in a 32-bit displacement from the
> TOC base register to anything in the data segment. It appears
> that PPC64 has the relocations for this, even if gcc does not
> support it at the moment.
Alan's note gives the current status of PPC64 gcc. We are just not there
yet and the required restructuring is not a short term project.