This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] PPC64 elf configure
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: sjmunroe at vnet dot ibm dot com
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:23:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PPC64 elf configure
Is there a reason this is impossible on PPC64? I would think that values
relative to the TOC address could work similarly to how they do on x86.
Is this not doable, or is it just that the compiler doesn't do it? If the
latter, ideally GCC should learn to do it, and then we should write a
configure check that ascertains if the compiler is in fact doing it.
I'm making your change for now anyway, since it's the safe default.