This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN does not work on ppc32
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:25:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN does not work on ppc32
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:14:11PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com> writes:
> |> > PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN does not work on ppc32 even with the latest gcc
> |> > (cvs mainline as of today). I had to remove the definition from
> |> > sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf/configure.in to make ld.so work.
> |> That's odd. It's working fine for me, using debian sid gcc 3.2.2-0.
> Does your compiler support the visibility attribute? gcc 3.2 does not, but
> it is a prerequisite for DONT_USE_BOOTSTRAP_MAP.
I can confirm PI_STATIC_AND_HIDDEN doesn't work when compiled with
gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
I don't think there are even suitable relocations for it to work.