Re: wcscpy broken

Ulrich Weigand wrote:

> I certainly agree that this should be fixed in the compiler (and it
> *is* fixed in gcc 3.x);  I'm just wondering whether glibc shouldn't
> accept non-aligned wide strings anyway as long as they can be validly
> generated.

Broken compilers don't count as when looking at "validly generated"
codo.  The single increment form had performance advantages and any kind
of argumentation which has only the benefit to help platforms with
broken tools, ABIs, concepts will fall on deaf ears.  Require people to
use a sane compiler.

--
--------------.                        ,-.            444 Castro Street