This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: current glibc vs debian sid
- From: Jeff Bailey <jbailey at nisa dot net>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com, roland at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:51:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: current glibc vs debian sid
- References: <200210180250.WAA71185@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:50:53PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Actually the errors I get are different on debian ppc sid compared
> to a rh 8.0 based ppclinux. The debian ppc sid build is of the form...
> make: Entering directory `/home/howarth/glibccvs/libc'
> autoconf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure.in > sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure.new
> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_MSG
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_FD_CC
``apt-get remove autoconf2.13'' - There isn't enough in the configure
fragments for Debian's autodetection script to get it right. Carlos
and I just figured it out, since he was having the same problem while
hacking on the HPPA stuff.
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)
- Wolfgang Jaehrling