This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: still building soft-fp on ppclinux
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: aldyh at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:18:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: still building soft-fp on ppclinux
Oops, didn't mean to send such a short reply.
Like I said, it's buggy. If the intent is that all powerpc32 builds
contain this code, then it needs to be moved from powerpc/soft-fp to
powerpc32 directly the directory order to work out properly in the
--with-fp (default) case. If the intent is that only --without-fp builds
should get this code, then it needs to be fixed a different way.
I haven't heard any explanation for exactly what this code is supposed to
provide where. It doesn't seem like it was tested before it was checked in.