This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ldconfig failure
- From: Jeff Bailey <jbailey at nisa dot net>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 05:30:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: ldconfig failure
- References: <20021017030603.GB30372@nisa.net>
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 08:06:03PM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> After I updated to binutils 126.96.36.199.10 I'm seeing the ldconfig
> failure off of glibc-2.3.1 now. I don't *think* anything else has
> changed, but I'll try to hunt down the failure and get a complete
> bug report in the next few days.
Tracked it down - The other change was going to glibc-2.3.1 from 2.3,
which changes the default cflags to -O2. Adding this to configparms:
CFLAGS = -O
BUILD_CFLAGS = -O
Produces a usable glibc.
I'll hunt some more to figure it out.
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)
- Wolfgang Jaehrling