This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Statically linked binary way way too big
- From: Wolfram Gloger <Wolfram dot Gloger at dent dot med dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: roland at redhat dot com
- Cc: jakub at redhat dot com, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:35:31 +0200 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: Statically linked binary way way too big
- References: <200210170904.g9H94Ar05383@magilla.sf.frob.com>
> If you're going at it I would really like to see the code separated into
> as many files as can in fact be linked separately, so nothing unnecessary
> is included in a static program.
Ok, I'll keep this in mind. However, I believe the fprintf in
malloc_stats to be the prime offender. For the record, the argument
for keeping the single file so far was to be able to do a meaningful
diff with Doug's original sources.