This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: C ABI changes between gcc 2.96 and gcc 3.2?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 01:35:55 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: C ABI changes between gcc 2.96 and gcc 3.2?
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Is that a known issue? I guess I can extract a testcase out of it. I
> think it may impact people who try to use gcc 2.96 with glibc compiled
> with gcc 3.2.
This would be the broken <stdbool.h> in 2.9x. An untested patch for that
is at <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-09/msg00797.html> (without the
removal of the configure test for <stdbool.h> that should accompany it).
Unless glibc uses or used <stdbool.h> this is irrelevant to glibc.
Joseph S. Myers