This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc cvs broken?
- From: Jeff Bailey <jbailey at nisa dot net>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:05:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: glibc cvs broken?
- References: <200209291122.HAA02597@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 04:56:20PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > Require autoconf 2.53.
> Do we really want to *require* it (as opposed to just being
> compatible with it)?
Compatability between the two versions is difficult to do. Is there
any good reason not to just do the upgrade? Upstream has abandoned it
a long time ago.
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)
- Wolfgang Jaehrling