This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.3 not binary compatible with glibc-2.2.5
- From: martin at v dot loewis dot de (Martin v. Loewis)
- To: Christoph Lameter <christoph at lameter dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 06 Oct 2002 09:15:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.3 not binary compatible with glibc-2.2.5
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Christoph Lameter <email@example.com> writes:
> Rebuild without -fomit-frame-pointer and it works now. gcc docs say though
> that it will include a frame-pointer if the function requires it. So this
> is a gcc bug?
Until we know exactly what happened, this question is hard to answer.
With the information available, it looks like a gcc bug. However, with
less information, it looks like a glibc bug; who knows how it will
look like with more information available.