This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
ldconfig miscompile on i386
- From: Jeff Bailey <jbailey at nisa dot net>
- To: debian-glibc at lists dot debian dot org
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 06:37:27 -0700
- Subject: ldconfig miscompile on i386
I figured out why the Debian package was miscompiling ldconfig and a
compile from the same sources was not:
We were setting both CFLAGS and BUILD_CFLAGS in a configparms file.
CFLAGS = -pipe -O2 -fstrict-aliasing
BUILD_CFLAGS = -O2
Is apparently not the right things to have in there anymore if you
want a working ldconfig on i386.
I will probably continue to persue this at some point to figure out if
it's a miscompile or not, but I have a catgets testsuite failure to
figure out first.
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)
- Wolfgang Jaehrling