Re: linux-mips build fix

At 19:25 19.09.2002, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

Franz Sirl wrote:

Sorry, one word is missing, I meant it's available for runtime linking, after all this was one of the reasons why HIDDEN was introduced after all, or?
Local symbols are not added to the dynamic symbol table and therefore are not available at runtime. LOCAL symbols can have whatever visibility they have, it doesn't matter at runtime.
Huh, I thought the shared loader falls back to LOCAL symbols it found on the way if it can't find it anywhere else? Why else would some shared libs have started failing when the (at that time) pulled-in libgcc symbols in glibc changed from LOCAL DEFAULT to LOCAL HIDDEN because glibc was compiled with gcc-3.1/2 with it's hidden libgcc symbols?

Has this shared loader fallback been removed? Damned, it was even documented somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Franz.