This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: POSIX ACL API in glibc?
- From: Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst dot de>
- To: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:58:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: POSIX ACL API in glibc?
- References: <OF0F17C844.3D6B042E-ON85256C21.00457364-85256C21.0045D28C@mailrouter.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 02:54:17PM +0200, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> in our current distributions the subset of ACL manipulation functions defined
> in POSIX 1003.1e draft 17 is located in a separate library <libacl.so>. I
> think these functions should become part of glibc. What's the official glibc
> position about this?
What is 'our current distributions'? The two most important free kernels /
kernel replacements support by glibc (Linux and Hurd) don't even have
Posix ACL support implemented.