This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
POSIX ACL API in glibc?
- From: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen at suse dot de>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:54:42 +0200
- Subject: POSIX ACL API in glibc?
- Organization: SuSE Linux AG
in our current distributions the subset of ACL manipulation functions defined
in POSIX 1003.1e draft 17 is located in a separate library <libacl.so>. I
think these functions should become part of glibc. What's the official glibc
position about this?
The current implementation might not be ready for glibc out of the box, but we
at SuSE (Andreas Jaeger and myself) would be willing to work on fixing the