Re: PATCH: Treat RTLD_LOCAL like Solaris (Re: Duplicate data objects in shared libraries)

From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

> This patch makes glibc more like Solaris for RTLD_LOCAL. It also passed
> "make check" in glibc. Any comments?

It's not clear to me that working "more like Solaris" was what we were
after, and since I don't know the loader code I can't evaluate the patch
very well. Would you mind describing the semantic differences caused by
your patch, and if possible, how they play out in C++?

> BTW, we need to fully document the RTLD_LOCAL behavior.

More documentation is always appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave