This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Help me to understand the POSIX timers
- From: tb at becket dot net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG)
- To: george anzinger <george at mvista dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com" <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Feb 2002 14:36:05 -0800
- Subject: Re: Help me to understand the POSIX timers
- References: <3C75748D.CCDF8938@mvista.com>
george anzinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I am trying to figure out how to integrate the high-res-timers (see
> signature) stuff into glibc without loosing functionality. The standard
> says that these timers should time execution time, and I need to
> understand how they do that.
Well, they really have to be implemented with kernel support; that is,
principally with kernel support, rather just like ordinary old