This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Help me to understand the POSIX timers
- From: george anzinger <george at mvista dot com>
- To: "libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com" <libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:28:29 -0800
- Subject: Help me to understand the POSIX timers
- Organization: Monta Vista Software
I am looking at glibc-2.2.5 sources and trying to understand what POSIX
timers do for the thread and process timers. I get lost when I try to
find the thread that is used to actually set up the timer.
General pointers to what is going on here would be of great help.
I am trying to figure out how to integrate the high-res-timers (see
signature) stuff into glibc without loosing functionality. The standard
says that these timers should time execution time, and I need to
understand how they do that.
Real time sched: http://sourceforge.net/projects/rtsched/