This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: RFC: p6.arpa vs. ip6.int
- From: Mark Brown <bmark at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ben Collins <bcollins at debian dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:24:46 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: p6.arpa vs. ip6.int
On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 08:59 AM, Ben Collins wrote:
> The main complaint is that .arpa is not
> widely in use yet, so the current glibc is useless for ipv6.
AIX went with ip6.int as the default, for this very reason.
.arpa will be supported, but we will allow for configuration
to decide between the two.
Mark S. Brown
Senior Technical Staff Member, IBM Server Group
512.838.3926 fax 512.838.3882