This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
popen(), system(), etc and multithreading
- From: Andy Tai <lichengtai at yahoo dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: atai at atai dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:42:54 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: popen(), system(), etc and multithreading
- Reply-to: atai at atai dot org
Hi, in glibc-2.2-based (GNU/)Linux systems, is it safe
to call popen() or system() from a thread in a
multi-threaded program? Does this impact other
threads of the same process? Is this not recommended?
If this is safe, can I count on the same behavior on
other Unix systems?
Thanks for any info.
Do You Yahoo!?
Buy the perfect holiday gifts at Yahoo! Shopping.