This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: The Linux binutils 184.108.40.206.12 is released.
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: linux-gcc at vger dot kernel dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>, Kenneth Albanowski <kjahds at kjahds dot com>, Mat Hostetter <mat at lcs dot mit dot edu>, Andy Dougherty <doughera at lafcol dot lafayette dot edu>, Warner Losh <imp at village dot org>, linux-mips at oss dot sgi dot com, Ron Guilmette <rfg at monkeys dot com>, "Polstra; John" <linux-binutils-in at polstra dot com>, "Hazelwood; Galen" <galenh at micron dot net>, Ralf Baechle <ralf at mailhost dot uni-koblenz dot de>, Linas Vepstas <linas at linas dot org>, Feher Janos <aries at hal2000 dot terra dot vein dot hu>, Leonard Zubkoff <lnz at dandelion dot com>, "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at cotw dot com>, Murat_Berk at bmc dot com
- Date: 27 Nov 2001 09:49:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: The Linux binutils 220.127.116.11.12 is released.
- References: <20011126212859.A17557@lucon.org>
>>>>> "H" == H J Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This is the beta release of binutils 18.104.22.168.12 for Linux, which is
> based on binutils 2001 1121 in CVS on sourecware.cygnus.com plus
> various changes. It is purely for Linux.
Ok, i am completely new to this... But why is it that we need a
separate binutils for linux? Can't we stabilize what we have in
sources cvs and distribute this?
It seems like this is a duplication of work.
I'm sure i'm missing something.
Please enlighten me.