This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Is sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64/e_remainder.c broken?
- From: Stephen L Moshier <moshier at mediaone dot net>
- To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, libc-alpha at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:38:41 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Is sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64/e_remainder.c broken?
- Reply-to: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net
The actual problem reported is that the IBM accurate math routines
fail on the mips target, not that it also fails on x86. As I understand
it, there are two different sets of failure symptoms depending on
which particular mips arithmetic library is used for testing. If that
is so, then I believe it is not worthwhile trying to debug these
problems because the IBM code is hopelessly unportable. The code is
like assembly language for a specific brand of computer, in this case
a computer named "ieee." It will not work on anything else. Instead,
if you are supposed to support mips computers, I would suggest you
give mips some other programs that are known to work on a mips, and be
done with the problem.