This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: How do we test the IBM ieee754 math library?
- From: Stephen L Moshier <moshier at mediaone dot net>
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:45:49 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: How do we test the IBM ieee754 math library?
- Reply-to: moshier at moshier dot ne dot mediaone dot net
Removing the files from the sysdeps/i386/fpu directory prevents them
from being used.
I have run tests of the IBM routines on a sparcstation,
and just now repeated them on an IBM PC with identical results.
That's a good sign, though the tests were not exhaustive by any
means. Some of the IBM functions were slow on average, particularly
the logarithm, but the accuracy seemed to be good.