This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
How do we test the IBM ieee754 math library?
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:40:03 -0800
- Subject: How do we test the IBM ieee754 math library?
- References: <20011124011422.A4531@lucon.org>
On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 01:14:22AM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> Should we check all the functions in sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 on x86? We
> can hide those asm files in sysdeps/i386/fpu and sysdeps/i386/i686/fpu.
I think sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64/e_remainder.c is ok. But I am not sure
about the rest of ieee754. I noticed quite a few ieee754 bugs while
working on ia64. But that was before libm from IBM was imported. Since
ia64 has its own ieee754 math library now, I am afraid the current IBM
ieee754 math library is not well tested as before. Do we have a
configure option to disable the x86 asm version of ieee754 math so that
we can test the IBM ieee754 math library on x86?