This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Re: Do we really want to use i586 code for i686?
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: Do we really want to use i586 code for i686?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:25:59 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
> I am not sure if it will work since it breaks the model of
> base_machine=i386 machine=i386/$machine
I'm not sure what you are worried about, but I think you must have
misunderstood the suggestion.
> That may work. How about we have
> to indicate it should apply locally? It can be used both in libc and
Something like that seems ok to me. I don't have much opinion about syntax.