This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Re: Do we really want to use i586 code for i686?
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: Do we really want to use i586 code for i686?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:31:33 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
> I don't think we should apply Implies outside of the subdirectory.
> Here is a new patch. That is A implies B in libc doesn't mean A implies
> B in linuxthreads, vice versa.
Why do you want this change? I don't think it's desireable. The current
behavior is by explicit intent. It makes sense add-ons sysdeps/ to act as
if superimposed on the libc/sysdeps tree. Your change requires add-ons to
include Implies files for every Implies file in any libc/sysdeps/ directory
that they want to add on to.