Re: 2 problems with sprof

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> I'd like to profile more than one DSO with LD_PROFILE at a time. The
> current code doesn't support it. I assume it will take some effort to
> make it to work. Is anyone else interested in it? It will be nice to
> have someone to work with on it.

This is the same problem as profiling dynamically linked applications.
Almost the same.  You have multiple not consecutive code segments and
the simple (and fast) bucket hashing won't work anymore.  So,
implement profiling of dynamically linked applications first.  Ideally
this happens using some functions which then could be used in ld.so as
well.  And yes, this will require a lot of effort.

[I personally don't feel the urge to do this right now since we still
have no high-resolution timers.  Without them any new profiling code
is rather meaningless.]